Order in Council of Ottawa - 26-2-1942 (inglés)
Order In Council Notice:
TO ALL PERSONS OF JAPANESE RACIAL ORIGIN
Having reference to the Protected Area of British Columbia as described in an Extra of the Canada Gazette, No. 174 dated Ottawa, Monday, February 2, 1942:
1. Every person of the japanese race, while within the protected area aforesaid, shall hereafter be at his usual place of residence each day before sunset and shall remain therein until sunrise on the following day, and no such person shall go out of his usual place of residence aforesaid upon the streets or otherwise during the hours between sunset and sunrise;
2. No person of the japanese race shall have in is possession or use in such protected area any motor vehicle, camera, radio transmitter, radio receiving set, firearm, ammunition or explosive;
3. It shall be the duty of every person of the japanese race having in his possession or upon his premises any article mentioned in the next preceding paragraph, forthwith to cause such article to be delivered up to any justice of the peace residing in or near the locality where any such article is had in possession, or to an officer or constable of the police force of the province or city in or near such locality or to an officer or constable of the royal canadian mounted police.
4. Any justice of the peace or officer or constable receiving any article mentioned in paragraph 2 of this order shall give to the person delivering the same a receipt therefor and shall report the fact to the commissioner of the royal canadian mounted police, and shall retain or otherwise dispose of any such article as directed by the said commission.
5. Any peace officer or any officer or constable of the royal canadian mounted police having power to act as such peace officer or officer or constable in the said protected area, is authorized to search without warrant the premises or any place occupied or believed to be occupied by any person of the japanese race reasonably suspected of having in his possession or upon his premises any article mentioned in paragraph 2 of this order, and to seize any such article found on such premises;
6. Every person of the japanese race shall leave the protected area aforesaid forthwith;
7. No person of the japanese race shall leave the protected area except under permit issued by the royal canadian mounted police;
8. In this order, "persons of the japanese race" means, as well as any person wholly of the japanese race, a person not wholly of the japanese race if his father or mother is of the japanese race and if the commissioner of the royal canadian mounted police by notice in writing has required or requires him to register pursuant to order-in-council p.c. 9760 Of december 16th, 1941.
Dated at ottawa this 26th day of february, 1942.
Louis S. St. Laurent
Minister of Justice
To Be Posted in a Conspicuous Place
- End of Order In Council Notice -
Note: curfew is imposed from sunset to sunrise; confiscation of motor vehicles, cameras, radios, ammunitions or explosives is ordered; the RCMP is authorized to search without a warrant; and every person of the Japanese race must leave the "protected" zone, regardless of place of birth.